Broker Check


If you don’t find the answer to your tax questions here please, contact the office or use 'Have a Question' form at the bottom of this page.

When can I make an appointment?

Our Tax Professionals are available year round for tax consulting and tax services. We have flexible hours to accommodate your schedule. Please use the Scheduel an Appointment link to schedule a time that is convenient for you.

Where is your office?

Our office is located in Blue Springs, Missouri at 807 NW Vesper St. 64015

Do we have to meet personally?

No.  If you prefer you may use our Secure Client Portal to upload your tax documents and schedule a phone call to discuss your specific tax situation. Please complete our client intake forms and upload them along with your supporting tax documents.  

What should I bring to my appointment?

Please see our tax organizers and checklist for list of items to provide.  If you are a new client, please also provide the past years tax return as well as a copy of your Social Secuiry card for each individual on your tax return. 

What if I haven't received some of my paperwork from banks or employers?

If you have not received your Form W-2 on time, you should ask your employer for it. If you do not receive it by February 15, call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040. If you think that you are missing other documentation, call the institution, many have a phone help line that can take care of your question immediately. Banks are not required to send a 1099 statement of income received if you earned less than $10, so you may not receive that. They are also not required to send you an interest statement if you PAID less than $600 in interest. This information can be acquired by using monthly statements if required.

What do I do if I receive a letter from the IRS?

If you receive a letter or notice from the IRS, it will explain the reason for the correspondence and provide instructions. Many of these letters and notices can be dealt with simply, without having to call or visit an IRS office. Call our Tax Professionals as soon as your letter arrives and we will work with you to resolve any issues. Our Tax Professionals are available all year round for tax support.

What will my tax preparation cost?

The cost of your tax return depends on the type and complexity of the return. Our average tax preparation fee is between $250-$300. Please contact us to get a better idea of what our fee would be for your unique situation.

Can you prepare a tax return from another state?

YES! Our Tax Professionals prepares state tax forms for all states that require the filing of a tax return.

My Family status has changed.

If you increased in size: married, had a baby or adopted a baby; you may claim that new person as an exemption this year regardless of how late in the year this happened. If, unfortunately, your spouse or dependent passed away this year you may still claim the exemption for the entire year that they died. Sometimes a person may be your dependent who is not your child, special rules apply for these people who have joined your family to be claimed as dependents.

What if I have a Balance Due?

Although our Tax Professionals will e-file your return in a timely manner, your balance due needs to be paid by April 15th. You may choose to pay by check with a voucher supplied by our Tax Professionals or have the funds automatically withdrawn from your savings or checking account on the date you determine. You may also pay by credit card using the IRS Make a Payment.  If you are not able to pay your balance in full, speak with your tax professional to learn if a payment plan is right for you.

How do I know if I have to file a tax return?

If you have earned income of more than $9,750 if you are Single, $12,500 if you are Head of Household or $19,500 if you are Married Filing Jointly you most likely will have to file a tax return. 

Even if you do not have to file, you should file a federal income tax return to get money back if any of the following apply:

You had income tax withheld from your pay.
You qualify for the earned income credit.
You qualify for the additional child tax credit.
You qualify for the making work pay credit.

Does a dependent student have to file an income tax return?

In general if you are an unmarried dependent, you must file a tax return if your earned income is more than $5,950 and/or unearned income exceeds $950

Do I have to pay taxes on my social security benefits?

You may have to pay taxes on some of your social security benefits if you have more than $25,000 in income for a single person or $32,000 for couples who are married filing jointly.

How can I check on the status of my individual federal refund?

The fastest, easiest way to find out about your current year refund is to go to the Where’s My Refund? tool on the IRS website. Be sure to have a copy of your current tax return available because you will need to know your social security number shown on your return, the filing status and the exact whole dollar amount of your refund. Where’s My Refund? will usually have information about your refund 72 hours after the IRS acknowledges receipt of your e-filed return, or three to four weeks after mailing a paper return. Check back weekly, on Wednesdays, for any updates to your refund information.

Will I receive a tax refund if I am currently making payments under an installment agreement or payment plan for a prior year’s federal taxes?

No. As a condition of your installment agreement, any refund due to you in a future year will be applied against the amount that you owe. If the refund is more than the outstanding amount due, the remainder will be refunded to you.

Have a Question?

Thank you!